Tuesday, January 22, 2008

ADD and the Entrepreneur

The more case studies I read, the more it becomes clear ADD is the catalyst of entrepreneurialism...it makes sense. We're not looking to be the go-to guy, we're looking to be the boss. We think off the cuff and dream big...let someone else do the leg work. It's the reason so many of us end up changing jobs frequently...eventually frustration builds because "they" are not doing it correctly. The "man" is bringing us down and we have no more energy left to spend for the greater good of executives and shareholders. Why would I waste my career making money for someone else when I can do it for myself with greater satisfaction and far more financial freedom? Hmm.


I have always known this fact. I chose, however, to begin a career working for the "man" to learn and grow. Little did I know it would take years off my life by driving a healthy dose of self-induced stress over issues of which I have little control. At what point do you realize this isn't good for overall mental health? When is enough actually enough? I am working on the answers to those questions and more. It's on the fore front of my mind and I'm just waiting for it to stop spinning, spill out, and finally offer direction. I'll keep you posted on the progress or if an epiphany manifests itself, until then, back to work...TPS reports are due today.

No comments: